The eXiles

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The eXiles

Mining Tutorial

Helen Hawk
    Helen Hawk
    Admin

Mining Tutorial Empty Mining Tutorial

Post by Helen Hawk Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:53 pm

As you made you way back from the lunch ship, you found Helen with her boots upon the control panel, happily asleep. Unsure of what to do, you and your fellow classmates stood there for a good 10 minutes until her chair fell backwards and she awoke on the floor to see you all above him, averting your gazes. "I... was... um... anyways, Mining!"

Pointing you to the control panel, he insisted you bunch around it, "Pay attention now, this is important... and lets not bring up that whole falling over asleep thing... ever.…"

Mining Tutorial

This tutorial is designed to assist members tasked with running a mine.

For the mine to work the following requirements must be met.

The owner of the Mine must be a faction.
    The Mine must be powered.
    If the owner is a Mining faction then there must be a Manager and an Operator (any faction or character).
    OR
    If the owner is not a Mining faction then the Manager must be a Mining faction and the Operator a member of that faction.

Steps on Running a Mine:

Step 1:
    Enter the assigned mine and proceed to the Command Room. You can see the lower levels in the mine on the picture below.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Step 2:
    In the Control Interface select Building Management.

Step 3:
    In the overview picture, you can see how many NPCs and mining droids there are in the mine.
    In this case, there is one LIN droid but no dirt haulers. The NPCs must then be hired from the mine. Ask your leader how many to hire and for the privs to hire for your faction.

Step 4:
    Now press: Actions -> Mining/Farm. Things should look something like this:

"As you can see the picture shows 12 NPCs to be assigned to the mine and 1 LIN droid. The maximum number of NPCs a mine can have mining simultaneously is 12, and only 1 LIN droid is necessary for each mine. A combination of workers and droid depends on the instructions received from your leader.

Before starting the mine you have to decide if the mine should have a limit to how much it has to extract (this limit is called yield) and if the mining process should be repeated or not. Note that the "yield" field can be left empty: if you specify a number as extraction limit the mine will extract the maximum possible yield. Once you have taken your decisions - by consulting your leader previously, if needed - you can start the mine.

To start the mine you now press the Start Mining button. The NPCs and droid will be assigned to the mine automatically after you start the excavations.

When the mine has stopped extracting, you need to get the mined raw material out of it so you can mine some more. To do this you have to select the Building Management. The select the following actions: Materials -> Select the pile you want to unload and press Unload Pile ->

Then select the place you want to move the raw materials to, enter the amount and press Load.
    (Note you can also select Unload All which will allow you to unload all the piles in the mine to one entity without having to select an amount.)

And remember, a good mine Operator should never allow its mine(s) to stop due to lack of free space. The operator should return from time to time to merge the piles and unload them into a proper storage facility in the city or into a ship."

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:49 am