The eXiles

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The eXiles

Basic Construction

Helen Hawk
    Helen Hawk
    Admin

Basic Construction Empty Basic Construction

Post by Helen Hawk Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:36 pm

Construction Summary

1. Get/make a construction plan.

2. Get into a good position, outside of ship/vehicle.

3. Go to the Facility construction screen.

4. Select the correct location,correct facing and correct owner.

5. Go to the Build menu.

6. Select the correct builder(s) and RM.

7. Indicate where the roads will be placed, each facility needs roads on 2 sides minimum

8. Start construction.

--------------------

Before you begin, make sure the following requirements are met:

Be standing still in a city
       Be standing adjacent and to the left, or above, where you wish the facility to be
       Have at least one Builder NPC at your location (maximum of 10)
       Have sufficient credits (yourself or your faction)
       Have materials for construction, owned by you or your faction, located in a ship, vehicle or facility (only: Warehouse, Hangar, Landing Pad, Factory, Mine, Recycling Plant, Sith Temple, Jedi Praxeum, Silo, Alazhi Farm, Bacta Refinement Facility, Dry Dock, Naval Shipyard, Port, Starport, Lab) that is in the city
       If you are going to be using faction raw materials, you need "Assign & Merge Raw Materials" privilege.
       Be the owner, commander, pilot or on the crewlist of the ship, vehicle or facility containing the materials
       Have 'Manage Facilities' level 2 or greater, if building for your faction
       Be the owner of the city or have build permissions from the owner (1)

Also submitting a request to build requires you to be standing still in the city you wish to build in and to enter the following data:

•Facility Type
    •Coordinates
    •Orientation
    •Owner

Once permission is granted by the city owner you may start construction of the facility.

And finally every facility, except for 1x1 Wall, 1x1 Trench, 20x20 Imperial Palace, 1x1 Gate, 1x5 Wall, 1x10 Wall, 1x19 Wall, 20x20 B`omarr monastery, 20x20 Wildlife Preserve, must have roads on at least two sides in order to separate it from other facilities. Where two sides of roads meet the corner piece between them will be made a road if there is no facility present there. The corner pieces are optional however, so having a facility occupying one or more of them will not block construction.

---------------

Extra info and Tips:

*Think before you do something, check what you're doing before pushing those buttons.
    *Mistakes in this construction business are very expensive.
    *Don't position your NPCs on spots where you intend to build in the near future;
    one can't build over NPCs.
    *Think before you place roads, although there are no costs associated with removing and
    adding roads it is time-consuming and annoying work.
    *Do not use too many NPCs on one building,e.g a fountain only requires one builder, two would be a waste.
    *Construction costs may vary , there are many factors which influence them.
    (your skills, building location and probably NPC skills too.)
    *Just to make sure you get it: Think before you act! placing buildings on wrong spots is costly and will result in delays and frustration.

Here are listed rules of thumbs handed over generations. They are resulting from the practical experience of many people and avoid mistakes, high costs, and inefficiency.

*When building, the PGs must be completed before any other buildings. This will allow the automatic power up of all facilities.
    *Therefore, when giving your employees the task to build something, remember to tell them this detail.
    *Also, remember to check always the facility inventory for the ETAs of all facilities, and in case there are some which would finish before the PGs, pause them as long as needed for the PGs to be finished.
    *Not doing so would result in extra costs in terms of credits and time: someone must be sent to power the facilities manually afterwards.

--------------------

Step 1:

When you exit your ship you will see some shaded areas, indicating where you can build a facility. If there is enough space around you, you can build down and to the right of your current location.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When you are sure you are to the left or above the city grid square in which you want to place the top-left corner of the building, scroll down to Production and click Facility Construction.

Step 2:

You will see a screen like this one:

I've put the different sections where you will need to enter information into coloured boxes to make it easier to explain.

Green box- This is where you enter the facility's name. This can be changed later and I usually just enter "Facility Type #" as a name until the city is finished construction.

Red box- This is where you select the type of facility you would like to build, note that certain facilities can not be built on certain terrain types and most buildings larger than 5x5 cannot be built in hidden cities.

Yellow box- This is where you choose which city grid you would like to build on, be very careful when choosing this. Check twice. Facilities may be placed on any blank squares in the city, highlighed squares indicate where you may build from your current position.

Blue box- This is simply where you choose the orientation of the facility, horizontal or vertical.

Purple box- This is where you select whether you are building a person facility (for you) or for your faction (in my case, New Republic).

Shaded squares in city map - These are the squares where you can currently build in. In this case I can select one of all five possible locations around me.

Step 3:

Once you have filled in all of these boxes click "Next Step >>"

Step 4:

This will bring you to another screen, which will look like this:

Once again, I've put colored boxes on this screen to explain it better.

Red box- This box shows you the required materials to build the facility you selected and the materials selected to build this facility. It also has a 3rd column that shows needed materials that are not yet selected, in this case the column is empty because I have selected all of the materials I need (purple boxes)

Purple box(es)- The purple boxes are used to check the materials you wish to use for this building project. From the dropdown menu you can select the materials.

Yellow box- In this box, you select which NPC Builders you would like to use to build your facility. Note, if you have 10 builders and 10 facilities to build, it is much better to use 1 builder per facility and construct all at once, than use 10 to build one facility then move to the next. Using more builders does not save that much time.

Green box- In this box you select which sides of your building you would like roads on. I have found that whether or not there are already roads placed on a side of your building, you still must select "yes" to build roads in that direction.

Blue box- This is where you choose which image you wish to be displayed for your facility.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:11 am